Inks and toners are a daily part of every business. Every business needs to print documents for presentation and office filing. Inks and toners have become indispensable. With a very wide range of products available, all of us encounter technical terms that are confusing and hard to understand. We admit, we sometimes make mistakes in differentiating products specially HP toners. Below are some of the common terms used when talking about printer inks and toners.
- Ink Jet Printers – a type of printer that uses inks for printing
- Laser Jet Printers – a type of printer that used laser technology for printing. Laser jet printers use toners
- Print head – part of the ink jet printer that applies the ink to the paper
- Cartridge – the printer part that contains the ink and toner
- OEM – acronym for Original Equipment Manufacture. This is the manufacturer of the printer and it’s corresponding ink and toner. You can also say that this is the brand of the ink and toner. Well known brands include HP, Brother, Canon, Samsung and EPSON. It is worth noting that some OEM inks and toners can be used with other printer brands
- Tricolor – simply put, it means three ink colors flowing through one print head. The colors are cyan, yellow and magenta. Different combinations of these three colors are used to make all the other colors
- Monochrome – from the words mono and chrome, literally meaning one color. This is a type of printer that prints in only one color, usually black
- Ink – this is the black or colored liquid substance inside the cartridge. They are usually made of dyes or pigments
- Toner – this is the powder inside cartridges of laser jet printers
- Standard – type of inks and toners that are expected to print the normal expected number of pages. You should check out your printer brand’s website to know the standard yield for the inks and toners you are using
- High yield – this is an upgrade from the standard type. High yield inks and toners prints out more that the normal expected number of pages
Inks and Toners from Mostaco Marketing
Keep in mind that not all inks, toners and cartridges are made equal. Moreover, there can be different types of inks and toners for one particular printer. This depends on the number of pages you need. Don’t worry, we can help you decide. Contact us now to know more about our inks and toners.